Glycol /cold water cooling blocks for your draft system
Use these blocks to cool and counteract the heat-sink effect of faucets and shanks.
- Fits standard tower shanks (7/8")
- Has cutouts for 3/8" COPPER cooling pipe
- 3"h, 2"w, 1" thick
- These blocks fit onto the Beer Shanks, behind the wall or backsplash (should be insulated from a metal backsplash w/ rubber or foam sheeting).
- Use 3/8" copper pipe to run the glycol through the blocks.
- These are NOT compatible with round Draft Towers. These are intended to be installed on flat surfaces.
After installing the cooling blocks on a row of shanks, cover all tightly in plastic food film (as a single sheet/barrier, not each shank separately). Spray low/medium expansion spray-foam to insulate the blocks & shanks. This will increase cooling efficiency and allow easier removal of spray foam insulation should repairs be needed.