Now you have an easy and fast way to carbonate your beer with our Carbonator Lid Kit. This is an oval keg lid with a built-in carbonation stone!
Move the lid from keg to keg to carbonate your kegs as needed. This allows you to force carbonate quickly using the attached .5 micron stone with the convenience of being able to move the lid to any keg you want. No more hassles of trying to attach and unattach line from the "gas in" dip tube.
Simply connect your gas quick disconnect to the included fitting on the lid and begin carbonating! The keg post adapter is food grade sanitary welded to the lid.
- 1- Oval keg lid with new Pressure Relief valve and O-Ring
- Sanitary welded-to-lid stainless steel Tank Post Adapter
- 1- New Gas Tank Post
- 1- New Poppet
- 1- Removable stainless steel adapter hose barb
- 2ft. 1/4" BevLex 200 hose
- 1- 1/4" swivel nut to attach to hose/carbonator stone
- 1- 0.5 Micron, 2" long, sinterred steel Carbonating Stone
- 1- Carb Stone MFL Adapter
- 2- Oetiker clamps
All you have to do is assemble the parts with the hose length you want!
NOTE: Our Carb Lid package comes with a 2" stone, not the cheaper 1" that others may offer, AND each and every one of the componants are fully dis-assemblable for cleaning and sanitation.
How to use the Carbonating Lid:
Beer must be stored cold 34-40F
- Preboil the stone for 2-3 minutes before using. This assures you that your stone is sterile and any residual oils have been boiled off.
- Sanitize the whole keg lid before submersing into your keg filled with beer.
- Set your PSI on your regulator to 3-4psi and atttach your gas in fitting to the body connect on the lid. Leave keg at this pressure for 1 hour.
- Raise your pressure 2PSI per hour until your reach 10-12psi. Leave at 10-12psi for 24 hours. Pour a pint and test the carbonation. If you think your beer needs more CO2 leave for another 4-6 hours and have another pint.
- Remove carbonation lid after carbonation level is satisfactory. Return original keg lid for long term storage.
Carbonating Soda involves the same steps as beer except you carbonate 10-15 PSI for 24 hours.