Un-reinforced flexible silicone tubing. Perfect for transferring hot & boiling liquids.
This tubing will not introduce odor or flavor to your water or wort even at high temperatures.
- 3/8 i.d., 5/8 o.d.
(do not use sharp edge clamps or total compression clamps - damage/tearing will occur)
- Maximum operating temperatures of -100 to 500 F.
(350°F is the maximum in NSF applications),
- Odorless, tasteless & inert,
- Translucent natural color for visual contact with the flow,
- Resilient, stretchable, and resistant to compression set,
- Made with FDA sanctioned Silicone material,
- NSF Certified, (NSF-51, for food equipment materials)
- Working pressure is 10psi @ 70 F.
- Burst pressure is 30psi @ 70 F.
Need hose clamps that will not destroy the soft hose? Look at the Kwik Clamps.
- Hardness, Shore A +-5 50
- Tensile Strength, psi 1100
- Elongation @ break % 375
- Brittle Temperature -100 F
- Comp. Set, 22hrs, @177° F 35%
- Tear Resistance,ppi min. 100
Peroxide-cured silicone tubing contains no sulfur or other acid-producing chemicals, thereby eliminating the possibility of staining, corroding, or deteriorating other materials it contacts. It is extremely resistant to ozone and U.V. over long time periods.
Care is recommended in the selection of fittings and clamps for silicone as sharp barbs or unlined metal clamps could tear into the wall and possibly cause a failure.
Silicone is not recommended for continuous high heat steam applications.
Silicone tubing may be low pressure steam sterilized in-line or autoclaved at up to 250 F in a normal autoclaving cycle. However, if exposed to repeated steam sterilization or long-term high temperature or pressure, silicone will eventually relax and become gummy. It should then be replaced.
Size Note: Other sizes are available upon special request and order.
Sizes available (in.): 1/16, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32, 3/16, 1/4, 7/16, 5/8, 3/4
Please contact for availability.