FREEZER CONVERSION THERMOSTAT.
Finally, a high quality & low cost unit is available! This thermostat, with a 5 foot extendable stainless steel sensor, is perfect for controling the temperature of your freezer conversion for beverage storage use, and many other applications, such as; direct control of heaters , fans , air conditioners, pet and reptile cages and more. It can be set and used for both heating and cooling ranges.
SO SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE! JUST PLUG INTO WALL SOCKET AND THEN PLUG YOUR APPLIANCE INTO THE BACK OF THE "PIGGYBACK" PLUG - THEN SET TEMPERATURE.
Excellent for use in:
- Breweries & home brewing cold control
- Wineries & home winemaking
- Barns, greenhouses, garages, basements
- Vacation homes, RV's
- Computer rooms, construction sites, reptile/fish cages
- 120Vac propane and electric heaters
- and many more applications.
Not effected or damaged by electrical grid surges and lightning strikes, or power outages - like a digital thermostats are!
A graduated temperature control unit that can be used anywhere you have a 120volt outlet. Clear cover protects from weather and damage.
You will receive the thermostat pre-set for cooling. It can be easily reset to have the set point configured for heating applications (High temp cut-off). Instructions can be downloaded here
- LOAD: 16 full load amps @ 120Vac
- RANGE: +30^ F to +110^ F (+ - 2^ accuracy)
- DIFFERENTIAL: 3^
- Nickel plated copper probe
This portable thermostat will handle almost any 120volt heater with no problem or an 8,000 btu air conditioner BUT CHECK YOUR APPLIANCES RATINGS FIRST.
- Unplug refrigerator or freezer from wall power outlet,
- Set refrigerator or freezer thermostat to maximum cold,
- Mount Conversion Thermostat in a postion where the temp probe will fit inside your cooling appliance and the power cord can reach to the wall power outlet,
- Plug cooling appliance power cord into Conv. Thermo power cord,
- Plug Conv. Thermo power cord into wall power outlet.
- NOTE: The best thing to do is to immerse the probe into a container of water. The temperature fluctuations will be decreased and you will get a better "average" temperature reading, vs. an air reading.
-Do not attach probe to side wall...that's were the cooling lines run and you will get a HUGE yo-yo effect of on/off...
There is a calibration screw on the back of the unit, should you wish to test the temperature -range-.
- Unplug Thermostat from all power outlets and the appliance,
- Open the thermostat by removing the 4 screws and lifting the clear lid off the box and rotate it sideways enough to get access to the small screw in the dark brown base of the unit.
- Turning that screw a quarter turn COUNTER-CLOCKWISE makes a change of about 15 degrees COLDER.
MANUAL CALIBRATION TEST:
- Get a glass and fill with ice cubes to the top, add water and stir for 1-2 minutes,
- Insert probe into water. Water temp. will be 32-33^f. (if checking with a manual residential grade thermometer, your thermometer can be off by up to +-3^F
- SLOWLY turn temp. adj. knob back and worth and listen for click on/off. Note the temperature on the dial.
- Adjust the Calibration screw as needed.
Notice: DO NOT kink the remote probe line. This will render the unit non-operative and is not covered by warranty
Componants made in China & USA. Assembled and tested in USA.
Call for Warranty Information